- Shop By Category
- Our Services
What kind of information does Northern Imports Inc. collect?
How does Northern Imports Inc. use my information?
We may use your personal information to provide products and services and to support our business functions. For example, we may use this information for the following purposes:
- To process and fulfill your order, including by shipping products to you, or others you designate, and sending emails to you, or others you designate, to confirm your order status and shipment and to process merchandise returns.
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, including marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To communicate with other persons using contact information you provide, such as when you designate another person as the recipient of a refer-a-friend message or a gift.
- To make your shopping experience easier, more enjoyable and more efficient.
- To address problems with and improve our products, brands, services and technologies, as well as to develop new products and services.
- To allow you to use our in-store and online technologies
- To provide consistent, personalized services across all channels and all of our brands, including to personalize our advertising, marketing communications, shopping experiences and promotional offers.
- To organize local community events, promotions and in-store experiences.
- To facilitate social sharing.
- To allow you to apply for an offer of credit from a payment card provider.
- To allow you to enroll and participate in a loyalty or customer relationship program.
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions.
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences.
- To prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches and activities that are or potentially may be prohibited or illegal.
- To enforce our policies.
- As we believe to be required or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety and security of Northern Imports Inc. and our employees, customers and others.
- As we believe to be required or appropriate under applicable law, to respond to requests from government authorities and to comply with legal process.
You always have the choice not to receive marketing information or calls. For instructions on opting out.
How does Northern Imports Inc. share my information?
We may share your personal information, such as in the following ways:
- Brands - When you provide personal information to one of our Northern Imports Inc. brands, we may share that information with our other Northern Imports Inc. brands.
- Direct Mail - If you purchase products through our website or by placing a catalog order by phone or mail, we may share your name, postal address, and shopping history with like-minded organizations for their direct mail marketing purposes. We do not share email addresses for such purposes. We also do not share personal information about customers who only browse, email comments, request a catalog, or request email updates, or who purchase only Northern Imports, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Northern Imports Outlet, Northern Imports Factory, Banana Republic Factory or Intermix merchandise. If you would prefer that we not share information about you with other companies, please let us know by contacting us.
- By You - You may disclose personal information when you post content to our websites, in-store technologies or other public forums, such as our brands’ social media pages, blogs, and online product reviews. Any information that you disclose through these services will become public.
- Service Providers - We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- Third Parties - We may share your information when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers.
- Legal Requirements - We may share information about you if necessary or appropriate, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the operations, privacy, safety, property or rights of Northern Imports Inc. or others.
- Business Transfer - In the unlikely event of a sale or merger of Northern Imports Inc. or any of our businesses, our customers' personal information and other information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business asset.
- Other Disclosures - We also may share information about you as described at the point of collection or otherwise pursuant to your consent.
- Your browser or device - Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and browser click-through and usage data.
- Mobile applications - When you download and use one of our mobile applications, we may track and collect usage data, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been accessed, viewed and/or downloaded to the app based on your device number or other identifier.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies - We may use pixel tags to, among other things, track the actions of users of our sites and services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of our sites and services and response rates.
- Adobe Flash - We may use Adobe Flash technology, including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”), and other similar technologies to collect and store information about your use of our websites and mobile applications. You can adjust your Flash player settings to block Flash LSO storage on your computer using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may interfere with the functionality of some Flash applications, including those used in connection with our websites and mobile app.
- IP Address - Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet service provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access our websites, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. Your IP address may also indicate your approximate physical location. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other technologies. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels and diagnosing server problem.
- Location Information - When you use our websites, mobile apps, in-store Wi-Fi, and other services, we may use automated technology to collect information indicating the physical location of your device, such as GPS data, cell phone tower data, Wi-Fi signals, or your device’s IP address. We may use and disclose your location information as described in the "How does Northern Imports Inc. use my information?" and "How does Northern Imports Inc. share my information?" sections and as described elsewhere in this notice. For example, we may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content, such as by helping you locate our stores or showing or sending you information pertaining to products or offers that are relevant to your location. You may be permitted to allow or deny such uses, but if you do deny them, we may not be able to provide you with a personalized user experience.
- In-Store Technologies - We may provide in-store technologies to help personalize and improve your shopping experience. These technologies may require the collection of certain information about your mobile device, such as your precise location or MAC address or other device identification information. You may also be able to submit personal details for increased levels of personalization, such as your interests, shopping preferences, and sizing information.
- Aggregated information - We may collect and use aggregated personal information, which does not personally identify you. For example, we may calculate the percentage of our site users who have a particular telephone area code.
What other information does Northern Imports Inc. collect?
We may collect information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser and device information; information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information and other information provided by you; and aggregated information. We may use and disclose such information for any lawful purpose. If required, we will treat such information as personal information in accordance with this policy. We will also treat such information as personal information to the extent it is combined with personal information. For example, when you use our technologies, we may keep a record of your product interests, the purchases you make and other content you generate (such as adding items to your shopping cart). We may collect information in a variety of ways, including:
What if I allow a Northern Imports Inc. mobile app to access location information?
If you allow a Northern Imports Inc. mobile app to collect location information, we may receive the precise location of your mobile device, such as your device’s precise GPS coordinates or location within a Northern Imports Inc. store. Typically, you would give your permission to do so through your device’s mobile operating system. If you grant permission, we may collect that information when the app is running in the foreground or background. You may disable the app’s collection of precise location information, or change the manner in which that information is collected, through your device’s mobile operating system settings.
We may use precise location information collected through a Northern Imports Inc. mobile app as described in the "How does Northern Imports Inc. use my information?" section, above. For example, we may use this information to help you find nearby stores or products, enable your use of our Find in Store, Reserve in Store, and Buy Online Pickup in Store services, or personalize in-app advertisements or marketing. We may share precise location information collected through a Northern Imports Inc. mobile app with third parties as described in the "How does Northern Imports Inc. share my information?" section, above. For example, we may share this information with our service providers to personalize and transmit our advertisements or marketing for you, such as through push notifications.
How does Northern Imports Inc. protect kids' privacy?
Northern Imports Inc. is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Our websites are general audience sites and are not targeted to or intended for use by children.
Questions? Please call our Customer Experience Department at (800) 820-0072 or contact us if you have questions or concerns and we will do whatever we can to help.
BACK TO POLICIES >>